Saturday 29 March 2014

Day 201: Exercise

I finally got moving today. I met Rach and Jenny at the pool and did 500m. Ok, it was with fins, but I was late so I needed to move quickly. I'd forgotten about my swollen calves and feet but it was all fine once I did a lap. It felt good to be moving again.

The kids followed with their swim club's "marathon swim", which involves swimming as many laps as possible in 1 hour. Rests are permitted, but getting out of the pool is not. Alex did 1.5km (after coming home from school early yesterday with a sore throat and low fever and vomiting this morning when he woke up) and Remie did1.1km. They dusted me!

I'm planning to get some amount of exercise in most every day from now on. I'm cutting myself some slack and will take 30 mins of walking. I figure my comeback has to start somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment