Thursday 27 March 2014

Day 199: Planning holidays

On this rainy and cool day I decided I needed to look forward to something so I started to organise a trip to the US in June-July. I didn't actually get much further than checking on airfares and looking into Santa Fe, Glacier National Park and nearby dude ranches, and cabins on Lake Huron in Ontario. One has to be allowed to dream.  The "family and friends" itinerary already includes Boston, Andover, Newfound Lake (NH) and Lake George in upstate NY. The booking will hopefully happen in the next week.

I also had a great catch up with Aileen, who will hopefully have her baby in the next week or so. She is going to deliver at The Mater, so we've decided I can bring her coffee and cuddle the baby while I'm there for my daily appointments. She is doing unbelievably well with her fourth pregnancy; she doesn't even have any fluid retention.

I just read that my annoying side effects (watery eyes, fluid retention, lack of taste) really can last for 3-6 months. Bummer. Oh well, at least I don't have to go back for another round next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment