Wednesday 12 March 2014

Day 184: Ok so far, as per the pattern

I slept poorly thanks to the Dex. I was so tired when I turned the light off at 9.30p that I thought I'd be fine, but after tossing and turning, I decided to take a sleeping pill at 1a. Bad idea. I awoke a bit past 5a and was groggy. Lesson learned.

Nick and I took the kids to school then stayed for The K-2 assembly at which Remie got an award for "excellent story writing and always showing initiative in class". She was so proud. It was wonderful to see her so happy and confident after the past month.

Nick headed to work and I walked home afterwards, huffing and puffing up the hill courtesy of the anaemia.  I gave myself my final Nulasta (white blood cell booster) shot, started my anti-thrush medication and had lunch. I spent the afternoon on my "to do" list and cleaning my closet as planned. I even fit in a little rest before Alex and Emma came home. Chris brought Remie home from tennis shortly after, and both kids set to their homework. Despite the slowly increasing bloating and sore tummy, the afternoon was relatively pleasant, in part thanks to Emma organising everything.

Post-shower Alex did his regular post-chemo treat and read aloud to me while I lay on his bed. Remie was in her room happily reading to herself. Again, a relatively pleasant evening.

After a quick grown-up dinner, I've headed off to bed. Tomorrow's decrease from 4 to 1 Dex tablets means I will start feeling less ok. I know the days (and nights) will feel long, dull and painful, but it's only for 13 more days and hopefully my self-imposed quarantine will keep me out of the hospital.  And, once I start feeling better I won't have to get annihilated again. Yippee!

No comments:

Post a Comment