Saturday 15 March 2014

Day 187: Control (or About as Good as It Gets)

I am reverting to my age-old mantra: It's never about what happens but all about how you react to it. That is, after all, the only control (or illusion of it) that we have over our lives.

The Paralympics were in the news tonight as the first Australian medal was won by a one-legged alpine skier. Unbelievable determination.  There was also a14-year-old boy who competed in the snowboard cross and was incredibly happy to have participated. I was completely inspired by these people who have made the effort to use their hardships to become stronger and more appreciative.

I woke after a good sleep and decided to make the most of the morning. It was beautiful (or so I suspected it would be as it's still dark at 6.30a) so I decided to walk along the beach and meet Rach for brekkie as I knew that both of those would lift my spirits. What a good decision on my part. The view on my walk looked like this:



Jen came over for a quick chat when she'd finished eating with her family, then Rach and I headed off to swim club with M in tow. All was good there, so it was a good first half of the day. 

Remie had a birthday party and Nick and Alex went for a bike ride in the afternoon, so I hung around the house, alternating between reading the paper, doing a few chores, snoozing and trying to find the missing Malaysian Airlines plane (my assessment is that it was abducted by aliens). All in all it was the best possible way to pass the time. I feel about the same as yesterday, which again is about as good as can be. 


No comments:

Post a Comment