Wednesday 26 March 2014

Day 198: How much is in the glass?

My ankles have totally disappeared and my calves are tight. I was told this will end "sometime after chemo ends". My eyes are constantly weeping and the glass of red wine I tried tonight tasted b awful to me (but was perfectly fine). And apparently my eyelashes can fall out 3 more  times in the coming year (has to do with the growth cycle). How's that for the gift that keeps on giving?

Contrary to that not-so-uplifting news, I am feeling pretty good and I do think my glass is still at least half full.  I bounded out of bed this morning just past 6a because I wanted to for the first time in months. That was exciting.  I managed the whole morning routine solo for the first time in ages. I didn't ever think that would be so exciting. I am now very tired at 9.30p and am struggling to comprehend that this exhaustion will last up to 12 months. Time for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment