Monday 17 March 2014

Day 189: Riding the wave

I was so excited about going to bed at 7.45p last night. I had a great sleep and was ready to take on today with energy and optimism.  My outlook was helped by Steph's reminder analogy: I am riding a wave that is taking me to shore and I am almost there (those who know my ocean swimming profile will understand how totally appropriate that is). In 4 more days I will be out of my peak danger frame for infection.

Nick left before 6a for a business trip to Melbourne, so I had the morning to sort out with the kids. Given that there was a chance I was going to feel awful, I planned ahead and bribed them with the promise of a Lego each for being helpful and agreeable. I know the experts hate bribery, but my morning (6.30-9a) was bliss.

Given my current lack of immunity, I had another day of laying low. After walking the kids and P to school, I bought supplies for Remie's Easter hat making (only 1 more year after this term!). She wants to make an Under-the-Sea Easter hat. Of course. I caught up with Mel and J for a veggie juice then walked home. I spent the rest of the day doing chores and things on my list, resting and catching up with a few friends on the phone.  I did realise that I need to plan for a project or the like that will start around mid-May so I don't fall in ahead when my treatment is finished.

The afternoon and evening were uneventful. I love that and am hoping for more of that in the not-so-distant future.

No comments:

Post a Comment