Thursday 20 March 2014

Day 192: Counselling and recovering

It was Alex's turn to meet Robyn today to talk to her about how he's coping with my diagnosis and treatment. We had a brief chat then I was sent away. 40 minutes later I was called back in and we talked a bit about the countdown chain.

I asked Alex what they talked about and he was happy to tell me that it was all about how he's doing. He said he thought it was good that he'd seen her as he could talk to someone who doesn't really know him. He seems fine with what's going on so all is good.

I did talk to Robyn earlier in the week about Remie. Her assessment is that Remie's coping reasonably well, but that she's having some issues reconciling her conflicting emotions. She is sad that I'm not well, but she's happy about some of her own adventures. Robyn helped her with that, as well as with some ways to approach Alex. We'll do another session with Remie to help her through the end of my chemo.

I now have very few eyelashes, and today it felt very breezy. My eyes were gritty and teary. I also still have the vice-like headache and came down with a sore tummy after the kids' swimming lessons. Despite that the day was fine. Please can this recovery time pass more quickly?  I'm off to hibernate...

No comments:

Post a Comment