Thursday 6 March 2014

Day 178: "I never want you to go"

Poor Remie continues to be very troubled. She came to me at 4a, waking me, for a cuddle "because I just love you so much I need to give you a cuddle", she said. She went back to sleep in her own bed fairly quickly. At school pick up, she and her teacher came to me to explain that she had been very upset in lines after recess because she just wanted me. When I talked to her about it later, she said that she's worried that I'm not going to be ok. She struggled going to bed, so I lay down with her for a bit. "I never want you to go; I want you to stay with me forever", she pleaded. I am so glad we are going to see a therapist tomorrow.

In other news, I had coffee with Gail today and she prepared me for the very large bills that accompany radiotherapy (upwards of $2k/week!). She suggested I check in with Medicare to make sure I'm registered for the safety net. She also advised me to plan for delays in the actual daily treatments due to machine repairs. I'm sure that phase will be frustrating but I can't imagine it will be harder than chemo. Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment