Friday 14 March 2014

Day 186: Can this please be done?

I find myself with a distinct lack of energy and desire to put forth a positive face at this point. I don't think I'm giving a nod to depression; rather, it's just a steely acceptance that the next week is likely to be pretty blah.

Physically I feel as I would expect: bloated, funny mouth, headache, tired and start of bone/muscle ache. It's not the actual side effects but rather the idea of having to go through it all again. I am so very thankful that this is the last round of this treatment.

The day was slow and fine. Nick and I took Remie to see Robin, the family therapist. They had a good half hour together but we didn't get a download. I will look forward to that next week.

I spent most of the day at home resting after getting my nails painted my signature blue (painting nails a dark colour is highly recommended as they become photosensitive with the Docetaxel). I dozed through the neighbourhood leaf blowers and barking dogs.

Remie got grumpy after her shower and took it out on me while I was lying down. I got her out of it but then she sobbed to Nick and couldn't tell us why. Poor possum.

After dinner I tried to watch some of the opening round of the AFL season but dozed off. Collingwood was behind when I headed to bed so at least that cheered me up. Tomorrow's another day thankfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment