Thursday 20 February 2014

164: More unexpected illness

Last night was not restful. Remie was up regularly from 7p to 11.30p with what initially seemed like night terrors but turned more into painful cries. She awoke complaining of a sore throat, so at 8a I booked her into a 10.30a doctor's appointment.

Added to that was my lower back in spasm courtesy of my steroid-fuelled workout yesterday during which I obviously forgot to switch on my core (!). I think that my gut and mouth were a bit yucky but there's nothing like perspective.  I fit in a 30 minute massage between dropping the kids at school and getting Remie for her appointment which helped a bit.

As this was Justin's day to explore the city, he headed off on a ferry after dropping the kids. Nick sorted out sticking around so took Remie and me to see Dr. Karen who, "in light of this overall situation", opted not to wait 3 more days to see what happens and instead put Remie straight onto antibiotics for the suspected tonsillitis. Oh joy.

I spent most of the day resting while Nick looked after Remie. I had a lovely surprise visit from Daryl, who asked what I'm going to do with my time when I am well again. There's food for thought.

We took Justin and the kids down to the Skiffy for dinner as it was a beautiful evening. My ability to taste is in decline again so I'm back to focusing on texture.

After episode 1 of "House of Cards" season 2 and a sleeping pill to counteract the steroids, I'm off to bed to the sounds of a pan flute-type instrument coming from our relatively boring suburban neighbourhood. Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment