Sunday 30 March 2014

Day 202: Other people's exercise

Alex did a triathlon this morning: 100m swim/2km bike/500m run. He came in 39th out of 80 and just over 17minutes. Not bad for a boy who isn't well. He was so keen to do it which, coming from a not-athletically-minded boy, we had to support him. The 5.50a wake up was a bit grim but well worth it.

Remie learned how to do a cartwheel today and also went from jumping rope 10 times in a row to 40 after much practice ("I will not give up"' was her mantra).  Very exciting.

My exercise consisted of watching the kids and walking to lunch. Somehow I am totally knackered (ok, the poor sleep last night might be a contributing factor). I am off to bed with a bit of a runny nose but hopes to get to the gym in the morning. I figure I have to start my comeback at some point and sooner is likely to be better than better as I continue to experience the joys of menopause.

No comments:

Post a Comment