Monday 28 April 2014

Day 231: I am like a tree

Today I took off my dark blue nail polish for the first time in 16 weeks (wow, I hadn't realised it'd been that long until I just counted it). While I'm supposed to keep my nails covered due to the photo sensitivity of the docetaxel, I wanted to see how they looked and figure a few days uncovered can't hurt. Not only have most of them peeled, I found out that my thumb nails actually have rings marking my chemo treatments as I'd been told can happen.



Today I give thanks for a friend who helped make my day easier. Kirrily looked after Alex and Remie while I went to radio and organised her sitter to take the kids to The Lego Movie. My appreciation I'd huge.

Not much else otherwise. Getting up in the morning remains challenging as sleep interruptions (hot flushes and the inability to get back to sleep - not Remie) continue regularly. I'm fine otherwise and pleased to report that my sense of taste is mostly back and my eyes have mostly stopped watering (though they are still sensitive). In 3 more weeks I'll be feeling much better and cancer will be only one part of - not the focus of - my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment