Wednesday 23 April 2014

Day 226: A new look

I dragged myself out of bed at 7a because I remembered that Susan was coming to do yoga with the kids. I'd been up from 1-2.30a as a result of a hot flush, as seems to be the case a few nights per week at the moment.

After the kids' yoga, Alex and I went to have our eyes checked as he wanted new glasses with transition lenses and I wanted daily disposable contacts. His prescription got slightly worse (he's at +2.25R/+1.25L) and mine was the same. I had to try on the contacts and could definitely feel how dry my eyes are. While I'm happy to have the option of contacts, I'm happy to continue wearing glasses- as they are definitely more comfortable.

From there we zipped to hospital. Dr. Susan was at the radiation rooms, so I met with her upon arriving. She was pleased with the elasticity of my skin and not too bothered about the "minor" burn. She asked me how I was sleeping and, when I told her, consoled me by explaining that's the usual pattern and assuring me that it will settle down. In the meantime, she gave me a script for Tamazepam, a light sleeping pill that should help me get back to sleep in the middle of the night but wake up ok in the morning.

I then dropped Alex at home with Mum and Remie while I went to see Heather, my miracle-worker hairdresser. I walked in with hair like this:





Emma Watson's short hair inspired her, so she cut and coloured and made me look as glamourous as possible at this point in time:



I'm not sure I look much like Emma Watson, but I do feel that this was a great way to mark my 6 week anniversary of my final chemo session.

I got home, tidied up and prepped afternoon tea. Mum spent the day making a batch of French-Canadian meat pies at Remie's request. Sue, H and J came by for a catch up, which was great. I can't believe they'll be gone in 2 weeks :-(

When they headed out, we went to Manlt for dinner with Simon and Bel, Z and A and Simeon's parents. It was wonderful to catch up after way too long.

I jumped into bed a bit past 8p. Fingers crossed I can sleep more than 3 hours in a row.

No comments:

Post a Comment