Wednesday 9 April 2014

Day 212: Early and expensive hospital run

By 7.30a I'd already spent $5,500, sat in the car for 30 minutes and been zapped with invisible radioactive beams. You might think the day could only get better, but it wasn't a bad start to the day. First off, I got up, showered and dressed by myself peacefully. Secondly, I was into my treatment 10 minutes ahead of schedule and finished in 15 minutes. Finally, I was home by 7.45a and had the rest of the day.

Why so early? Apparently Minerva needs a major service every 6 months, and I just happened to catch one. The machine gets pulled offline from 7.30a and only priority patients get a spot; the others either miss a day or get a slot on Apollo, the other machine.

And why such an expense? I was invoiced for the past 8 days plus my planning session. I'm thinking of it as a free domestic ticket on Qantas as I'm using my Qantas frequent flyer card.

As I had the whole day, mum and I had a well overdue lunch with Susie from my Yahoo! days of yore. We chatted about the old gang and I felt connected to that long lost world, which was really nice.

My parent-teacher interview with Miss B was not at all surprising given that this is Alex's 2nd year in a row with her. When I told him about the meeting and asked him what she said, he got most of it. That's the way it should be: transparent communication.

Tonight Mum and I prepared a little presentation she's going to give in Remie's class tomorrow about "The Way Things Were", which is one of the social topics the kids in Year 1 have been learning about this term.  Mum is excited.  Very cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment