Thursday 3 April 2014

Day 206: A poke in the eye with a sharp stick

When I met with Dr. Hilda the other day (she is a medical as well as genetic oncologist) she noticed my weepy eyes. She said they should clear up in a few weeks, but if they don't, an ophthalmologist could use a little metal stick-like tool to re-open my tear ducts.  That sounds horrendous! Fingers crossed that my eyes clear up on their own as I am not interested in a poke in the eyes.

My exercise today was a walk along the beach in the sun. That was enough on my cankles and calves.   I used the extra time to pick  up a present for Aileen and new baby Leila.

Sue came with me to radiotherapy to see Aileen sand Leila and join Maria and me for lunch. Unfortunately we spent 1h10m in radiation oncology due to a few people before me having a tough time. The "Minerva is running approximately 20 minutes late" sign went up 10 minutes after we arrived, but it was too late for me. My time in the machine was quick and easy, so that's good at least.

We had a quick 10 minute visit with Aileen and ended up totally missing Maria. Bummer. We did end up having a nice lunch and solving Sue's moving issues, so that was good as well.

After swimming lessons I took Remie and her friend K out to dinner as a special treat since Nick and Alex are away at Nick's father's family birthday weekend (I couldn't go due to radio appointments and my mum's arrival on Sunday, and Remie is sleepwalking and having night terrors so sleepovers aren't a great idea). The girls had a lovely time despite not getting a frog in the pond.

Remie was up with a big but quick night terror 45 minutes after going to bed. This one included screaming then whimpering, sleepwalking and jumping, plus going straight to the toilet. She was back asleep within 10 minutes. Poor girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment