Tuesday 8 April 2014

Day 211: On time for the first time

It was Alex's school 3-6 cross country this morning. He was so looking forward to it - just to have it be finished. He hates running and won't train; he is his father's child in this regard. My mum and I got down to the beachfront at 9.30a for the start to show our support. Then we waited. As there was no communication regarding the order of the years, we watched and wondered. At 10.50a, the final girls' group started, leaving only the boys who turn 10 this year. I needed to leave by 11.10a to make my radiotherapy appointment at 11.40a. I rang the radiation oncology rooms and asked Ashley how far behind they were running. Imagine my surprise when she said, "Actually, Minerva is running a bit ahead of schedule." We decided to wait for Alex to start, with the thought that the worst thing that would happen would be that we would have to wait at hospital. So we saw Alex start, then raced to hospital. We were 7 minutes late and I was out in 20 minutes. Fastest yet. [I'm not surprised to reported that Alex was not fast, guessing he finished in the final 10 or so in his age group.]

On the way home we had a quick catch up with Sue over lunch. Their plans to move are coming together with a 6th May departure day. That will most certainly temper me looking forward to the end of my treatment on the 7th. I will be able to empathise with Remie over her friend, Hugo's departure sooner than anticipated.

The rest of the day was uneventful. I love those and need more of them. It's bed time now as I have a 7.10a appointment tomorrow (means departure by 6.30a) because Minerva is offline for regularly-scheduled maintenance from 7.30a.

No comments:

Post a Comment