Sunday 13 April 2014

Day 216: Hospital-free days

I have enjoyed not having to drive to hospital and wait around. We haven't had much on this weekend, so I've been able to enjoy being I scheduled. It's a bit like I used to feel in SF on the weekends after ape bind 1h15m in the car each way to work, but at least I was getting paid. This is just more like having my time back.

It was wet and cool all weekend; I would've stayed in bed with a book if I could've. Instead there was a trip to the mall, 2 birthday parties, Nick and Kate, our neighbours, over for dinner and a quick dinner out with friends tonight. All events were good fun, so it was no hardship.

I am, however, feeling the cumulative effect. I'm tired, my nails are splitting, my hair is growing but is still patchy and thin, my sense of taste is still somewhat compromised, my tongue is yucky and my ankles are gone.  The good news is that my eyes have largely dried up. I know the nurses said it'll take 6 weeks to 6 months for the chemo side effects to go away, but I'm ready to be normal again. I've had enough of having to deal with all this stuff, miss out on parts of life but continue onward. I know I'll feel back up to coping after a good sleep, so I'm going to turn the light out now at 9p. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment