Sunday 6 April 2014

Day 209: My Mum arrives

It was very dark when I awoke. I quickly figured out that Remie's light was on and she was up and about. I went into her room and asked her what she was doing up, and she said, "Memere gets in this morning and you told me I could get up at 6a". It seems she looked at her watch, which was the only time-keeping device in the house I hadn't set back last night for daylight savings. Oops.

We got to the airport and, after watching the people come out and waiting, we finally found my mum in the back corner of the arrivals hall. After cuddles all around we headed home.  We did stop for a coffee and hot chocolate as caffeine was a good idea.

We spent the morning pottering around the house, then headed out for sushi after a clothing-related tantrum from Remie. She apologised on the way, saying she realised that she was just hi grey; she ate 4 plates of sushi at lunch!  The afternoon was marked by another massive tantrum when we sat down to read the paper and suggested it was quiet time for all. Nick and Alex arrived home just in time for dinner and we heard about their adventures.

It's great having mum here. I hope she sleeps well as she was ready for bed by about 6p bit we kept her up until nearly 8p.

No comments:

Post a Comment