Friday 4 April 2014

Day 207: Not exhausted

It's 9.45p and I am not asleep. Wow. Perhaps having an exercise rest day is a good thing. Or maybe it was the great sleep last night. Who knows, but it's a nice change.

My radiotherapy took up 2.5 hours round trip today. Blah. I did ask, upon arrival, how late they were running. I was told 20 minutes, so I hurried up to maternity in time to see Aileen and Derek bathe gorgeous little L for the first time. Very exciting. I even got a cuddle, which made the wait worth it. After heading back down to radiation oncology I still had to wait another 35 minutes. I'd heard they can run a bit late but this is ridiculous.

Another bit of excitement in my day was having a coffee with a W&M classmate who's in town from the US on business. I haven't seen Suzy in 26 years but the college/uni bond provided the basis for a great hour of conversation. It was a wonderful little treat in my week.

I popped around to the end of Remie's play date with M and had a lovely catch up with Sarah while the kids ate the pizza they had made themselves. A bit of AFL and a "House of Cards" episode and Friday has ended nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment