Friday 11 April 2014

Day 214: Non-stop

I occasionally wonder what this experience would have been like if I didn't have kids. On the positive side, I would be able to sleep when I'm tired, rest when I need and focus on what I need to do to get better. On the minus, I suspect I could wallow in self-pity and be much less connected. The point is moot, but I suppose that having kids has given me a reason to get up and keep going every day.

With all that, I could have used an afternoon of lying in bed reading. The school Easter Hat Parade was cute;thankfully the sun shone. This was followed by the daily commute to hospital with Mum and Chris as company. Chris checked out my treatment and called it " a science field trip".

Then it was home for lunch and a bit of admin.  From there mum and I did some grocery shopping, picked up the kids and took Alex to hip hop. We hung out and watched am bit. Home and dinner called, then bath time. This is all standard with kids; it's just much harder and more demanding when one is not well.

It was Sue and Jono's farewell party tonight. We were there early so I didn't feel badly leaving at 9.40p; I'd hit the end of my ability to be social. I just find it takes a massive amount of effort when I'm tired. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment