Thursday 10 April 2014

Day 213: Parking discount and side effects

It took 8 days of radiotherapy for me to find out that I can get my parking covered for $2 per visit. I've been parking on the street, which has been quite easy, but the garage was nice today to avoid walking in the rain. I suppose I could've asked up front, but equally I would think I might have been told. It all seems a bit more surreptitious in radiation oncology.

My parent-teacher meeting with Miss A was as expected. Academically Remie is a star so far. Miss A is keeping a close eye on Remie socially and emotionally as a result of our earlier discussions. I am very happy about that.

Today's appointment was relatively quick as I was out in 35 minutes. Stragely I don't mind my 15 minutes of rest on the table as there's nothing remotely uncomfortable about it and they'll turn out the lights and put on music if I ask. I haven't had any "sunburn" side effects so far.

I am still dealing with lingering side effects from chemo. My tongue is still a bit funny but my taste is slowly returning. My eyes seem to have stopped weeping since the weekend but they do get gritty and itchy about once a day. I suspect that my lack of eyelashes is contributing to that. I now have no lower lashes on my right eye and a total of about 6 on both eyes. The loss creates a strange look. I am now very glad I had my eyebrows done. Finally, while I thought I sighted my ankles this morning, they have disappeared again tonight.

Mum and I had a great lunch with Daryl after our hospital time. We enjoyed the last swim lesson of the term. Camilla brought me more of her fabulous vegetable soup which is perfect for our wet and cooler weather. Emma L. popped in for a quick chat tonight on her walk and suggested some ideas for my post-treatment project. I'm hoping to be able to get some time in the next few weeks to plan something, though that might be hard given the last day of term is tomorrow and then it's 2 weeks of school holidays. Where ther's a will there's a way, I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment