Thursday 24 April 2014

Day 227: It's not all about treatment

The Sydney Brick Show started today, and we had tickets.  That's right, Lego fans, it was all about what people can make with those cool bits of plastic.  Mum, Alex, Remie and I drove Errol to Sydney  Town Hall and we spent an hour looking at all sorts of amazing creations.  We even chatted with Ryan McNaught, the only Lego certified professional in the Southern Hemisphere (of only 13 in the world). The kids used the money they earned yesterday from cleaning my car to buy 2 new sets.

We left and winged it: we had a coffee in the beautiful and iconic QVB across the road, then we had our packed lunches as a picnic in Kirribilli park looking at the Opera House and finally we had ice blocks (it was nearly 30 degrees C) in a playground and hung out with Col at JackWattsCurrie, my ad agency from my Yahoo! days. We dashed to radiotherapy and were out in 20 minutes. Fantastic!

We had our last dinner with my mum tonight. I'm sad she's leaving as it's been so nice to have her here just having her company has been comforting to me and the kids. But I suppose that all good things come to an end (the corollary to "this, too, shall pass).

No comments:

Post a Comment