Tuesday 3 December 2013

Day 84: A two coffee day

This morning I enjoyed my first full coffee since my treatment last week. Very exciting!

While the kids were at before-school French  I had  the most beautiful run/walk along the beach this morning. The sun was shining, the breeze was blowing and the temperature was just right. What a great way to start the day.

I went to the final session of the Early Breast Cancer seminar series where the topic was "Post treatment communication and issues". I didn't find it to be the most helpful session, I think because my perspective on this experience is a bit different. The presentation and discussion touched on possible depression after holding it together to get through treatment (I feel like I experienced that in my divorce), dealing with a changed sense of identity (I feel like I'm still doing that after my hip replacement and loss of running) and trying to sort out a new path (I have been grappling with that since having kids and staying home). I did take away the likelihood that it'll take at least 12 month post-treatment to get back to feeling like I did before diagnosis. That means I should be in good form for my 50th.

I enjoyed my second coffee this afternoon with Nadia and Chrlotte but am sad to report that a glass of wine at dinner didn't interest me. At least my nausea is gone, I dont have mouth sores and I am staying up past 9.30 tonight. I tell you, it's all in your perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment