Sunday 22 December 2013

Day 103: Human again

I woke up feeling like I had returned to the world as a relatively normal, kind person. Woohoo! It is so much better to be part of the world and enjoy it than to be in one's own little reality and cranky about it.

As part of my return to the world, I enjoyed a coffee made for me by Alex. Divine. After brekkie it was off to Nippers, which was very exciting as Santa was coming for a visit (which he does every year by surf life saving boat - hilarious). The kids and I scootered/walked to the beach while Nick was out for a bike ride. We spent the day at the beach doing Nippers, visiting with Roz and Simon and kids, hanging out and having a swim.  It was great fun, and I lasted until noon before it was time to head home.

I was ravenous and made a huge and healthy lunch for all. I may have easily eaten for about 4. The afternoon consisted of quiet time and "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" DVD. It was over 30 degrees, so we appreciated our cool house.

We made it out to Christmas drinks at Vicki and Claude's, our first festive event of the year. It was so good to feel good enough to be able to participate in a social celebration. The kids came along and Remie helped prepare and serve some treats. We had sushi on the way home which was another fun and enjoyable experience.

Being occupied with not feeling good has certainly given me another perspective on Christmas. The woes of shopping and the pains of hangovers are far from my list of worries. I hope to take it all much less for granted next year and focus n being as kind to people as others have been to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment