Thursday 26 December 2013

Day 108: "Staycation"

After a day of playing in the surf and snorkelling at a harbour beach, I decided I needed to wash my thinning hair. That went reasonably well, but the post-shower hair combing saw a further loss of hair. Oh dear. I'm told I can still pull off the female chemo patient"comb over", but I anticipate that, too, shall pass as the next round works its magic. We made the most of me feeling good, the nice weather and our local surrounds today by playing in the surf at our local ocean beach after brekkie at Havana Beach. We bumped into lots of friends at the beach and enjoyed the sense of community. After a few hours out of the sun at home, we headed to Fairlight beach on the harbour to snorkel. The kids had great fun finding fish and diving down. They wandered the rocks for a bit before Remie's Kindy bestie came for a quick swim. We've made our list of things we want to do in the next week and a half to enjoy our holiday at home. I'm hoping to fit in as much as possible before I feel terrible again

No comments:

Post a Comment