Thursday 5 December 2013

Day 86: Normal and great

I had the best workout today I've had since September.  Remie's doctor rang with the great news that her EEG we did yesterday was normal. The kids were in good form for most of the day. I think I've finally sorted out what in this journey our health insurance will cover. I had a great Sype session with my cousin Justin who is planning to come out from Hawaii in the new year.  My sister sent me funny jokes and posted hilarious comments on Facebook that made me laugh.  I had a lovely talk with my mum.  I had a glass of wine with the amazing dinner Libby brought by. And I gave Remie the 100 kisses she said she'd like to get every day. All in all, it was a fairly normal day that left me feeling great.

I learned something today that struck me as extraordinary but makes sense upon reflection: Amazingly, all of us have rogue cancer cells in our bodies - and most of the time the immune system gets rid of them... But not always. Wow. This bit of wisdom comes from the fabulous Claus in Seattle, whose son is doing some amazing work into T cell therapy for paediatric cancer patients at Seattle Children's and Juno Theraputics. It just goes to show that we don't ever really know what is going onion our bodies. All we can do is make the best of every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment