Tuesday 23 September 2014

Day 379: Agreeable

This was one of those days that should be noted in the diary for its ease.  Everything seemed to go  very agreeably, from the kids to making an appointment with Dr. Andrew to discuss reconstruction options (his gruff receptionist wasn't there) to using up the food in the fridge to taking Remie to the library.  None of it was exceptionally exciting, but it was great because I didn't feel any of the struggle that I have for the past month or so.

I had a good appointment with Jessica.  I mentioned that I am slowly accepting my lymphoedema and feel better for not fighting against it so much. We talked further about finding post-treatment anchor points and thinking about how I want to go forward in terms of what I want to be and do.

Steph took the kids for the morning so I had a great swim in the sun.  For the first time ever, I swam more than 1km: I added 200m (20%) and felt good.  Very exciting.

I coughed up another $600 for my new prescription custom sleeve and glove.  Mt. Wilga was able to get me one free setfrom Smith and Nephew as a compensation for the garments that were presecribed at the Mater.  That is a relief.

Tomorrow the kids are at activities so I can pack for Thursday's departure to Hamilton Island and swim again.  I'll also probably catch up on a few things that have been on my growing list.  It will be the first day in ages that I'm not scheduled to meet with or talk to anyone about my cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment