Monday 15 September 2014

Day 371: Learning

I had a different physio at Mt. Wilga today and I learned lots from her. She thinks that, given the fibrosis/tissue change in my forearm, I likely had lymphatic system issues months before my arm swelled. Apparently it takes 6 months for tissue changes to occur (get worse or get better), so her advice was to be very diligent with my care (self-massage and wearing compression garments as well as noticing what happens during exercise and in heat) and take this journey initially in a 6 month chunk. It's early days for me, with my body still recovering from the whole treatment, so she suggested I take it easy and watch what happens in the next year.

In my gym sessions I've learned to watch exertion rate and fatigue as they can cause fluid build up. I've also gotten e few specific exercises that might help.

Crystal popped in this morning with her hairdressing scissors and removed my "wings". Amen. I forgot how annoying it is to grow out short hair and I'm only waiting for the bit I lost to catch up to the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment