Thursday 4 September 2014

Day 360: Mind and body

The highlight of today was Remie's appointment with Robin, one of the counselors she'd seen earlier this year.  I told Remie we were going to see Robin as she'd be able to make the hard stuff we've been going through a bit easier.  When we arrived, I briefed Robin in private regarding Remie's recent challenges, then they went off to talk.  When they called me in, they showed me these:




I thought it was fabulous that Remie was able to articulate how her frustration and anger builds and possible ways to diffuse it.  Now let's see if that translates to daily behaviour.

I had a fabulous swim this morning and am actually enjoying it now that I'm not fighting against it so much.  I'm finding that being in the water is great as my arm feels normal there.

My naturopath consult with Mel was very helpful.  We reviewed my supplements and did my body analysis.  Based on my body composition (fat, muscle mass, hydration, etc) I have the relative age of a 33 year old.  Woo hoo!  We also discussed an anti-inflammatory diet to help prevent recurrence.  Happily, I'm mostly there with the exception being primarily alcohol (aiming for 5 standard drinks per week!) and sugar. Now there's a challenge.


No comments:

Post a Comment