Sunday 14 September 2014

Day 370: Some things stay the same

I had a lovely walk in the sunshine along the beach with Rach this morning. We got an excellent piccolo (up there with the cafe at Harris Farm) from the coffee man outside Le Kiosk at Shelley Beach. We solved all the world's problems as we tend to do

When she had to dash I grabbed at table at Whitewater for brekkie with my family, who arrived about 10 minutes later. The kids ordered a second corse as they were starving. It certainly wasn't our most inexpensive breakfast but at least it was good.

From there we went across the street to the beach and parked ourselves at South Steyne. It was a beautiful day (though the water is still chilly) and Nick and I enjoyed a chat while the kids played in the sand and incoming tide. I couldn't go in the water or muck in the sand with my bandages, but it was so nice to be there. That little stretch of beach has seen me in various stages of health and fitness over the past 10 years (post c-sections, pre- and post-hip replacement), during chemo and now. Wow. It's so nice to be able to sit in the sun and watch the waves if nothing else.

The rest of the day was around the house. The kids played but were both tired. Hopefully all will have a restful night. I am looking forward to a change of bandages tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment