Monday 22 September 2014

Day 378: Another day, another appointment

It was the first day of the Spring school holidays and the kids and I had nothing planned for the first time in ages. I did, however, need to get a script for antibiotics for my upcoming trip in case I get an infection in my arm that could turn to cellulitis.

After Alex made brekkie (scrambled eggs, toast and a pineapple-strawberry iced wrap), I made an appoitment with Dr. Mark at 10a as Dr. Karen is on holiday. He was great, providing advice on the heat that could cause increased swelling (get in the water to stay cool) and happily writing The referrals to the doctors and physios I need to see for reconstruction investigation and lymphoedema treatment. The kids both read the books they'd brought and were excellent.

We spent most of the day pottering around home. The kids played together with Lego for hours. We went down to Little Manly in the afternoon to get some sun. Alex flew his balsa airplane while Remie and I played in the sand. She asked me to build some castles and I realised that my "garments" are going to make the summer a bit more challenging.

No comments:

Post a Comment