Thursday 18 September 2014

Day 373: 7th birthday

7 years ago today I was at a different hospital, one just up the street from home.  The roperating theatre was equally as cold when I was getting my spinal block as today's heater-less room. While today's hospital visit is part of a much longer treatment, That Monday had a distinct outcome: welcome Remie!

We were up just past 6a opening presents before I had to leave. She was very excited and happy with all her gifts.

My first session was with Elena, the dietician. She was great at recapping the basics plus giving me ideas specifically for fuelling for exercise. She also reviewed tips for portion-sizing, proper eating (sit down and chew slowly) and specific product selection. It wasn't anything earth shattering but good to go over.

Sarah was my physio, and she did my measurements (all down) and put me under the laser in order to further reduce the fibrosis and thus increase lymph flow.  She then bandaged me and sent me on my way.

After a great catch up walk with Steph, I bought ice blocks and brought them into Remie's class. We all went outside, the kids sang and then Remie helped me hand out the ice blocks. Exciting for her.

We had a family birthday dinner at Hugo's. Remie was exhausted but settled down once we got to the restaurant. The pizza was great and dessert even had a sparkler in it. That's what big girls get.


No comments:

Post a Comment