Thursday 11 September 2014

Day 367: Sunshine

I had to drop off my car at the smash repairs this morning so they could fix the damage from when we got rear ended a few weeks ago. It was such a beautiful day that I walked the 6+ kms home. It felt great to get some exercise after all the sitting in the car.

Driving in Errol with the top down in the sunshine is certainly a nice way to make the 45+ minute commute to Mt. Wilga enjoyable. My first session today was hydrotherapy. The pool is as warm as a bath. I was in with 4-6 other women (at least 20 years older than I am) and we all did our own program. It wasn't really a workout, but anything that helps "stimulate my lymphatic system" can't be bad.

My next session was physio with Andrea, the woman with whom I met on my consult and who is a wealth of information. She did a massage and used the hand-held laser as well. She noted that 2 other key areas, my neck and abdomen, are "congested". She used the laser on my abdomen to increase the lymph flow. She also used it on my "medial pocket" (around my elbow).

She told me I am doing everything right, and my swelling is simply the result of a traumatised lymphatic system. My arm is not the problem, she said; the arm is the symptom of a malfunctioning system. Looking at it that way puts a new spin on it. She bandaged me with the hopes of more reduction in my hand.

I got home to the kids finishing dinner and Emma and her mum, who is visiting from the UK, beavering away in the kitchen. It was lovely mayhem as Angie and the kids made muffins for Remie's party on Saturday and Rosalie popped in to borrow a can of tuna for her recipe. It was a very welcoming return home.


No comments:

Post a Comment