Friday 5 September 2014

Day 361: Contemplations

At nearly the end of my massage by Erika today, the building's fire alarm went off. We grabbed our things and headed to the stairs. When we entered the stairwell, we were greeted by a line of people streaming down from the 2 floors above. In the time it took to descend the 4 floors, I found myself thinking of what the scene in the stairwells might have been like in the World Trade Towers nearly 13 years ago. We walked calmly today; the people there would have been frightened and confused. It happened all so quickly that there would've been minimal time to think before acting. And it would have been over relatively quickly.

Later in the day, I found myself reflecting on how different cancer is to an emergency like the World Trade Centre. I have lots of time to educate myself and think about the possible options.im doing my best to use the time I have wisely rather than worrying too much. I can make long-lasting choices (diet, lifestyle, environment) that might help prevent a recurrence.

I had a wonderful lunch with Louise.  Our conversation covered the usual catch up, and we also tackled learning one's body's reaction to things and adapting accordingly. I sense my self-awareness has benefitted from the past year and will continue to grow on my lymphoedema journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment