Sunday 7 September 2014

Day 363: Life goes on

This felt like the first "normal" weekend I've had since returning home 5 weeks ago. Perhaps I'm slowly settling in to my life as it is and not fighting against it as much.

Yesterday, amongst all my normal things (swimming with Jen, shopping with the kids for Remie's party, catching up with friends in the afternoon), I went to see a kinesiologist at Ruth's recommendation. She suggested David to help me come to terms with my lymphoedema specifically and cancer issues in general.

David spent 90 minutes with me, working primarily on my "energy" as Mel is looking after me from a naturopath perspective and the folks at Mt. Wilga will look after my body. I'm not sure exactly what he did, but I have the phrase "I will thrive" stuck in my head, not "I will not make it", which apparently was there before.

Today we took Nick put for Fathers Day breakfast then gave him a leave pass to Bunning's (Australia's Home Depot). We had a great family bike ride in the afternoon; Remie impressed me with her riding and was so proud of it.

I' start at Mt. Wilga tomorrow. While I'm looking forward to learning and getting treated, I'm not excited about facing up to my condition and the implications it has on my lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment