Wednesday 19 February 2014

Day 163: Ok so far

This post-chemo day seems to go fairly well thanks to the Dex.  Remie came in at 6a after having slept all night (second time in 2 weeks - woohoo!) and wanted cuddles. I felt fine to do the morning routine, then Justin told me he was here to help and took the kids to school.

Rosalie came by to give me my Nulasta injection (white blood cell booster), but I had to do it myself a few hours later, on the advice of the chemo cottage nurses, to get the maximum benefit out of it. I was feeling inspired so went to the gym and wore myself out. Wow can I notice a difference in my fitness; I got winded after minor cardio. It felt good to exercise in any case. After a quick grocery shop I came home to slouch.

Justin and I spent the early afternoon hanging about. I gave myself my injection and took my meds while he set about making salmon pie for dinner. He checked out my computer's full drive and did some work while I snoozed. It was great having his company.

Chris brought the kids home and the girls played while Alex and Justin did the same plus some homework. Remie started complaining of a sore throat and dinner and felt apart before going to bed. Alex read a few chapters of "The Witches" to Justin and me which was good fun. Poor Remie had a night terror then was up sad with her sore throat. I think we may have another visit to the doctor tomorrow.

I stepped down the Dex today (31/2 down from 4 on Dr. Fran's suggestion) so we'll see what happens.  I'm off to bed just past 9p with a slight sore mouth and gut. I'm taking stuff for both so hopefully they aren't too bad. Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment