Thursday 13 February 2014

Day 157: Weepy eyes and sad pandas

I awoke to my eyes crusted shut and a cranky Remie. The poor panda is overwhelmed with settling into a new teacher and class, recovering from the pox, Nick being away and having me sick. Nick is front line with her now that he's back, but she still just wants me.  I so wish I could help her more but I have so little to give at the moment and it doesn't seem to be enough.

I spent the day alternating between doing things (taking the kids to school and having a quick catch up with Kim, going for a long walk and lunch with Sue and taking the kids to swimming lessons) and lying in bed with my eyes closed. My nose was runny and my eyes were weepy all day. Add in a few dizzy spells and it was great fun. I tried some Claratyne and later Telfast thinking it was allergies, but to no avail. I finally managed to clear it up around 6p when I resorted to (read: remembered and located) my steroidal eye drops (which means no contacts for 2 weeks, but I haven't been wearing them for at least 2 already). They are still sore but not runny anymore.

I'm exhausted and can't believe I'm going to go for another round in 5 days. I can only hope next week's steroids give me some reprieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment