Thursday 6 February 2014

Day 150: Dealing with the unexpected

I feel like the day was all about running from one thing to the next and trying to make alternative plans since Remie needs to be quarantined. I suspect I felt one step behind all day as the kids and I stayed in bed reading a book about sea creatures until nearly 8a.

I woke up rested and feeling pretty good for the first time in a week and a half. Remie had come in at midnight complaining that she was hot and again at 6a asking if she could read, but I still managed to sleep. I even had a coffee though I could hardly taste it as I thought the caffeine might be useful.

The first of the alternative plans came at school drop off. I popped in to explain to Remie's teacher why she wasn't there. Miss A gave me a few drawing things for Remie to do so Remie was happy. We came home and she ran off to play. I think the quiet time at home is good for her. She thankfully isn't too bothered by the spots and only occasionally complains about them being itchy.

More juggling came at lunch, when Emma came to take Remie on a picnic at the usually-empty Little Manly Point while I had lunch with Prue, whom I haven't seen in ages. We swapped war stories and caught up, which was great as she was my very first friend when I moved here.

The afternoon was busy with swim lessons for Alex and juggling plans for tomorrow and the weekend to get Alex out and keep Remie in. Exhausting.

It's well past my bedtime, which seems to be marked by my throat getting very sore. I suspect I have my first mouth ulcer and I still have no sense of taste. The latter is very bizarre. I wonder if it's gone for the rest of my treatment.

No comments:

Post a Comment