Monday 17 February 2014

Day 161: Celebrating

Today was rocking, and I was with it feeling the best I have in 3 weeks. Not only did I have a lovely pre-chemo lunch at Havana Beach complete with platters of very yummy food (yes, I could even taste it at about 80%) and wonderful company, but I also got to attend the intimate wedding of Remie to Mr. Hanky, her beloved green blanket. The ceremony was officiated by my cousin, Justin, who is an actual wedding celebrant. The reception disco was awesome.  The bride and her brother pulled some sick dance moves.

Getting Remie dressed and watching her excitement at being a bride are key reasons that I am organised and determined to go bravely to chemo cottage tomorrow to get more of that "harsh" docetaxel to hunt and destroy any rogue cancer cells. I could sob at the possibility of not being around for Remie's real wedding in 20+ years, but instead I'm focusing on managing this next round's side effects to try to get the most out of the next 3 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment