Saturday 8 February 2014

Day 152: Pity party

I bumped into Clare, one of the Breastcare nurses at The Mater, yesterday at chemo cottage. She told me it was ok to take off my mask and be down about feeling terrible. I think I've taken her advice today. Ok, so it didn't help that it was a glorious sunny day and we were quarantined all day due to Remie's chicken pox. I know that this, too, shall pass, but it is feeling like it is going on forever. Feeling crappy is no fun.

I had a good sleep after bailing early on a group dinner at Little Manly cafe last night with 3 other families (Remie was home with her bestie, who has had the pox, and her mum watching a movie, which was an awesome thing for her). Remie and I were back down at the beach at 8.30a after Alex went off to swim club with Rach and family. We had a great time being out before many people arrived. We were home in an hour and set to doing a few chores as she wanted to make some money to get a new Beanie Boo.

I was wiped out by the time Alex got home at noon. We spent the rest of the day hanging around.  I fit in a chat with Mum, FaceTime with Maegan and Skype with Nick so I didn't feel too isolated. Hearing people on the way to the beach and playing next door was sad. The kids played nicely together for a bit then we watched "Despicable Me", which we all enjoyed. Dinner, bath and bed were uneventful. Now my throat is sore so it must be bedtime. I will hold out hope that I will tackle tomorrow with increased humour.

No comments:

Post a Comment