Wednesday 12 February 2014

Day 156: Perspective

The day started at 6.30a with a grumpy and demanding Remie who'd been up only once in the night.  I can happily say it all got better from there.

I had a lovely catch up with the parents of Laura, my former neighbour (who defected by moving back to the UK, but we try not to hold that against her). Rev. Norman and Sue have such a pragmatic, positive and spiritual way of looking at things. I found our whole time sharing drinks and conversation at the Little Manly cafe to be very uplifting.

After some chores and an unsuccessful rest at home, I went for lunch at Sarah's, my friend and landlord from when I first lived here. This was the postponement from last week when Remie was home She had great stories to tell which, as she put it, "took my mind off chemo for an afternoon".

Chris picked me up and we went to pick up the girls and take them to tennis (Alex was at Tom's for a play date). Nick met us there and then we went to pick up Alex. It's so nice to have him back; I feel like a weight has been lifted.

I'm feeling ok, but what that means is a bit better than I was at my worst of round 3. I can't believe I only have 5 more days to get stronger. I noticed today that one of marks from a failed round 4 needle from 2 weeks ago has yet to heal. Wow. I suspect these next 2 rounds are going to be challenging.

No comments:

Post a Comment