Wednesday 27 November 2013

Day 78: I'm still here

I expected that I would be writhing on the floor or hunched over the toilet or crying out in pain. Happily, that has not eventuated - yet. It's only been 32 hours so it's still early days, but thankfully I feel ok: well enough to have had a steak, baked potato and salad for dinner (we'll see how that plays out in the next 24 hours...).

I slept great for about 4 hours last night then was up and down every 1-2 hours. Remie came in at 4a; I walked her back to her bed and awoke in mine at 6.15. I was slow on the uptake to start with some queasiness and spaciness but got going after a shower and eggs for brekkie. Chris took the kids to tennis so I managed a walk along the beach before meeting Nick at Alex's assembly. Alex was thrilled to have us there.

Nick dropped me at home and went to work. I talked to my mum, pottered around and managed to inject myself with the Nulasta (white blood cell booster) with which I was sent home. Lunch was a few Salada biscuits (Saltines in American) and a beautiful green smoothie courtesy of Steph.  After all that I succumbed to a 2 hour sleep. It was one of those sleeps that is like being deep underwater as getting to the surface is so hard. When I managed to wake up it was slow again.

I got it together by the time Emma brought the kids home. They all mucked about and I watched. I did serve Jenny' beautiful beef burritos for dinner which were gobbled up.

It's now 9.15p and I'll turn the light off shortly. I am very tired, have a slightly unsettled tummy and a bit of a sore head. Not bad given what was pumped into me yesterday. Fingers crossed it doesn't get much worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment