Friday 15 November 2013

Day 66: Settling.. and the chemo car and lightning

I woke up cranky. My kids were up at 4.50a and 5.20a. They tried to be quiet by my mother's ear heard them. So at 6.10a I got up, put on my kit and headed out. Yes, I'm not supposed to run but my waddle in the sunshine was good. It didn't prevent me from yelling at Remie for her nastiness and disruption, bit it could've been worse.

Thankfully my darling neighbour, Reid (age 4), was a total delight while I minded him for an hour. A lovely visit from Nadia helped perk my spirits. And my massage from Renee helped with the attitude readjustment.

Nick showed up with the beautiful chemo car (2008 VW Eos black with tan leather interior) as the  kids were having dinner and the rain started. When Emma arrived and the kids were in front of the tele post-shower Nick and I had a lovely drive and visit to Rach and Fred to "pick up the Cubs shirts".

Dinner with Joan and Jonesy at Little Manly was fabulous. The food and service were great (thanks Stuart and Camille) and the lightening storm complete with fireworks (re-opening of Watsons Bay - or something close) was spectacular! Pity Remie was awake when we got home (after night terrors at 8p and 9p)...

No comments:

Post a Comment