Monday 18 November 2013

Day 67: Clarity and a girls' party

When Remie came into bed at something like 2a with a mild fever, her behaviour of the previous days became clear.  She was up again at 5a then 7a for the day. Poor lethargic monkey ;-(

I headed out at 7.15a for a swim with Rach and Jen. The road was closed due to the rain so I had to detour, which simply meant a longer ride in the convertible with the top down. My swim was possibly the slowest ever on record as I adapted to the tightness in my chest (thankfully I didn't sink!).

Remie spent most of the day on the couch in front of the tele. Alex and Nick were getting ready for their overnight on the James Craig tall ship with their Cubs and Scouts group. I was a bit worried about heading into the city for the night with some girlfriends as planned and leaving Remie with Netty (although Netty is undoubtedly more qualified than I in an situation involving children).

Netty put my fears to rest upon her arrival and sent me off with Rach. We picked up Mel and Sue along the way, enjoying the freedom of the roofless car. WeAfter a coffee at the Club Lounge on arrival we settled into our gorgeous suite with views of the Harbour Bridge and Opera House. Deb and Roz arrived when we were cracking open our first bottle of champagne.

The night was absolutely hilarious thanks to the company and the dumping rain. I can't say that I've ever been in a restaurant where I've had to use my umbrella to keep dry, but there's always a first. Thanks to our indomitable senses of humour a very memorable night was had by all. Yet again I am thankful for the support and hilarity of my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment