Tuesday 19 November 2013

Day 70: 7 sleeps until the start of the toxic cocktails

I am ready to start.  I have researched, queried and learned.  I have planned and prepped to the best of my abilities. I have kept up the training for my liver. I have gotten my head in the right space. The sooner i start, the sooner I finish. It's just about time to bring it on.

I do find myself wondering how I've been given my 3 10-day breaks (between diagnosis and surgeon appointment, then first appointment with Dr. Andrew/MRI and surgery and finally the bonus week from surgery to the start of chemo). I must remember to ask.

In the interim, I will go 3 hours north to Port Stephens with my family for some quiet and relaxing time. We are planning to swim and bike, play games and read and hopefully laugh a lot.

I will also get to see Remie's Kindy class lead the K-2 assembly tomorrow morning and perform their version of "Goldilocks". Remie will read her one line as the class MCs the morning's proceedings.

I was able to watch the dress rehearsal of Alex's hip hop concert (full concert on Saturday, 30th November). The boys were awesome!  The four 9-y.o. boys I drove even managed to be quiet for 10 minutes on the way home (read: exhaustion). Will wonders never cease?!

At this morning's session of the Early Breast Cancer  seminar series lots of the women who've already started their treatments were giving me tips (hair, skin, nausea). I felt very supported. Hopefully soon enough I will be able to help others.


No comments:

Post a Comment