Wednesday 13 November 2013

Day 64: Medical claims

Today I spent 30 minutes photocopying the health care claims I'd spent 4+ hours pulling together on Monday. Ok, they spanned the past 2 years, so it was a pretty big task. Then I went to the post office and spent another 10 or so minutes mailing the whole thick envelope. This is after swinging by Medicare (for you Americans in the throes of the Obamacare debate, this is our public health care system that gave me back a minimum of $3,500 for the births of each of my children and covered 50% of my surgeon's bills plus the entire costs of my hip and boob prostheses) last week and spending about 30 minutes submitting claims to them first. Man, this is quite the administrative undertaking. I did manage to get the letter from my oncologist for tomorrow's wig shopping that will mean that my purchases will be covered to some degree. Every little bit counts!

No comments:

Post a Comment