Saturday 4 January 2014

Day 117: Cramming it in

I confess I am tired. I've been ready for sleep by 7.30p the past few nights. Now, we know that I am no longer a party animal, but that is pathetic even for me. Why am I so shattered, especially when I'm in a "good week"? The answer is simple: I've been trying to packthe majority of my summer into the past 2 weeks. I have not stopped, going from swim club in the morning to a walk and lunch with a friend to a quick afternoon surf play at the beach. I know it's not very clever as I want to feel good and rested for my 3rd chemo cycle next Tuesday, but I can't help myself. When the sun shines I feel I need to make hay ( or whatever that expression is). I figure I'll have a week of forced rest next week so I want to get out while I can. I've also been struggling with terrible allergies and sore, watery eyes the past 3 days. My eyes were sore enough that I had to get out of the surf today because the salt water stung so much. I have no idea what part the chemo is is playing in it; I'll try to remember to mention it to Dr. Fran on Tuesday. I am hoping to slow down a little the next few days with Sandy's arrival tomorrow and my boys' departure to Cuboree (4 nights of 3,600 Cubs ages 8-11 camping and 1,400 leaders and parents supervising!). With 2 family members gone and one divine friend arriving I'm sure things will change.

No comments:

Post a Comment