Monday 13 January 2014

Day 126: Quiet

I was awake before 6a (bloody singing birds) and felt good, so I convinced Sandy to go to the gym with me. It was good to be in an environment of movement.

Sandy and Alex headed off for their day together shortly after we got home. After dropping off Remie to tennis camp for the day, I came home to a quiet house. I did all sorts of admin tasks and house chores peacefully (besides the concrete drilling from the apt building out back, the law mowers and leaf blowers). I had a few hours of finishing thoughts and not talking, which seems to be rare in school holidays and with this disease.

Sandy, the kids and I had a lovely hour and a half at the beach after we picked up Remie at 3p. Surf conditions were the most benign I've seen in memory,  we brought Remie's surfboard and she managed to stand up a few times.  She was very excited!

I'm happy to be able to be part of the summer adventures, but I am definitely tired and don't have the energy of last summer. My tummy was a bit unsettled and my tongue still fuzzy, but  I'm counting my blessings that I'm not stuck in bed. I just have to be careful this week as my white blood cell count is at its lowest in the cycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment