Thursday 9 January 2014

Day 122: Let the fun begin

It was a day of surprises, both good and bad. A day when all the best laid plans go to hell in a hand basket. And a day in which the good outshines the bad.

 I woke feeling none too great, with my intestines in knots and my head a bit muddled. After iced cranberry tea, avocado toast and my anti-nausea duo brought to me in bed by Sandy and Remie, I was no more ready to rally. We made it downstairs where Remie played while Sandy and I tried to get sorted in the kitchen for brekkie.

While emptying the dishwasher, Sandy realised she was encountering one of her dizziness and nausea spells which meant back to bed for her and no aquarium outing for her and Remie. As I, too, needed to go back to bed, I called on Rosalie to do the Manlt Sea Life Sanctuary and sushi excursion. She thankfully put her plans on hold and headed off with a happy Remie.

I slept for 2 hours and awoke to a text from Rosalie asking if they could come home early. When I got downstairs, Remie was doing some art and Sandy was hanging out with her. Remie spent the next few hours playing by herself and doing a few shows for Sandy and me, and Sue who dropped by with some beautiful fresh juices. Steph popped by with the boys and all 3 kids happily played Octonauts while we chatted.

Chris and M picked up Remie to go to a movie night at theirs, so Sandy and I did what 2 sensible, ill adults should do: watched tele (2 episodes of "House of Cards" via Apple TV) in the daytime. I haven't done that in as long as I can remember!  After Deanna's chicken noodle soup, tucking Remie in and another episode, it's bedtime. I'm hoping tomorrow is as action-packed (perhaps even with a trip out of the house) so I can get distracted from my sore guts, furry mouth, thick head and general malaise.

No comments:

Post a Comment