Thursday 30 January 2014

Day 143: The start of the downward slide

I am holding on to the image of the cells in white hunting down the rogues and decimating them. Pity there's a bit of collateral damage in the way of hair, gut, nails, etc., but that's the way it is now.

All in all the day was fine. It started with a bit of yoga, then brekkie and walking the kids to school. I came home for a rest, had a lovely Skype call with Claus and Thyrsa in Seattle, rested more, visited with Nadia and talked to Sandy and Mig. Steph brought dinner then Emma and I took the kids to swimming lessons, where I did my requisite 'chemo week' 300m with fins. I've eaten ok and drank lots of fluids.

I started to go downhill when we got home. It seems to be a slow onset with a sore gut/tummy, tingling lips and tongue and vague head. I definitely don't feel quite right in my skin, and the intermittent hot flashes aren't helping, though it all could be exacerbated by this week's heat. I'm going to pop another sleeping pill shortly (might let the sun go down first) in the hopes of sleeping off the worst of it (or maybe just the start of it). Go the guys in white!

No comments:

Post a Comment